Sunday, September 12, 2010

On Football

First and foremost, I cannot believe football season is upon us once again. The summer seems to be a "blink and you miss it" affair anymore. I guess that's one of the (many) drawbacks of getting older: "time keeps on slippin', slippin' slippin' into the future..."

Anyway, I don't see much happening with my beloved Eagles this season. I foresee a mediocre 8-8, 9-7 year at best and that's if Andy Reid makes the right choice and decides to start Michael Vick over Kevin Kolb. Concussion or not, Kolb should sit; he's just not ready for prime time. I think that is pretty obvious.

That being said, I must stress that I am in no way a Michael Vick fan. I think he's a terrible human being, but he is an electrifying football player. He is the best option the Eagles have at quarterback this season, like it or not. On top of that, he's a blast to watch because you NEVER know what is going to happen when the ball is in his hands...much like a guy who wore #12 for the Birds during the late 80's and early 90's.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder who they are going to recruit to manage their time outs?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...yeah, effective time management was never one of "Big Red's" fortes.

    ReplyDelete